Elder abuse, both in the home and in nursing homes, is a pervasive problem. Wiseman Hoffs has experience working with victims and families.
We specialize in:
– nursing home abuse
– elder abuse
– injuries by a family member, caregiver, nursing home, rehabilitation center, or healthcare facility
Checklist of Nursing Home Abuse
If you know of, or suspect, physical abuse, dehydration, malnutrition, bedsores, medical neglect, falls or physical injury, or violation of resident’s rights, please contact us. We are committed to serving the needs of seniors and their loved ones and we will make them pay.
Here are some issues to pay attention to:
– FALURE to store, cook, and serve food in a safe and clean way
– FAILURE to maintain drug records and properly mark/label drugs and other similar products according to accepted professional standards.
– FAILURE to provide housekeeping and maintenance services
– FAILURE to make sure that the nursing home area is free from accident hazards and risks and provides supervision to prevent avoidable accidents.
– FAILURE to assist those residents who need total help with eating/drinking, grooming and personal and oral hygiene.
– FAILURE to give residents proper treatment to prevent new bed (pressure) sores or heal existing bed sores.
– FAILURE to make sure that each resident gets a nutritional and well balanced diet, unless it is not possible to do so.
– FAILURE to provide care for residents in a way that keeps or builds each resident’s dignity and respect of individuality.
– FAILURE to reasonably accommodate the needs and preferences of each resident.
– FAILURE to make sure services provided by the nursing facility meet professional standards of quality.
– FAILURE to develop a complete care plan that meets of a resident’s needs, with timetables and actions that can be measured.
– FAILURE to make sure that each resident’s drug regimen is free from unnecessary drugs; or each resident’s entire drug/medication is managed and monitored to achieve highest well-being.